* Update Facebook SDK for PHP app secret proof and signed request handling
* Add empty directory index files to prevent autoindex files and exposed server directories
* Replace deprecated `$wpdb->escape()` with `esc_sql()`
* Link to [App Insights 2.0](https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2014/01/23/introducing-app-insights-2-0-beta/ “Facebook developer application insights and statistics”)
* Remove widget title escaping, allowing HTML titles
* Facebook Like Button supports the new Share button
* Add Facebook Embedded Post custom width support through shortcode
* Facebook SDK for PHP 3.2.3
* Delete Facebook account data associated with a WordPress user from the user profile screen.
* Facebook application data for Facebook Login displayed in the settings debug screen.
* Improve social publisher compatibility with scheduled posts.
* (beta) Convert Instagram embeds to `og:image`s. Convert YouTube and Vimeo embeds to Open Graph media objects for video post formats.
* Improved code documentation.
* Generate and store an [app secret proof](https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/securing-requests/ “Facebook Graph API app secret proof”) for Facebook Page access token verification
* Expand Open Graph protocol markup to all singular post types
* Generate and store an [app secret proof](https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/securing-requests/ “Facebook Graph API app secret proof”) on Facebook app id and app secret verification
* Support auto embed of Facebook notes URLs
* Rewritten administrative tools to associate a WordPress user with a Facebook account from a profile settings page and a Facebook Page with a WordPress site from the Facebook Social Publisher settings page
* Improved Open Graph protocol markup for image, video, and audio post formats
* Improved auto-discovery of post images for use as Open Graph protocol images
* Added support for [Facebook Embedded Posts](https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/embedded-posts/)
* Custom dashicon font adds resolution-independent graphics to your administrative interface
* [Facebook Comment API update](https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2013/04/03/new-apis-for-comment-replies/) to support July 2013 changes
* Improved reliability of Facebook application credentials verification for app access token exchange
* The `get_comments_number` function response now includes the number of comments for a post stored on Facebook servers
* Update Facebook PHP SDK. Includes support for app secret proofs
* Fix typo preventing custom classes on social plugins
* New Facebook icons matching April 2013 Facebook favicon redesign
* Added support for shortcode filters (WordPress 3.6+)
* Reject new comments submitted for a post with comments managed by Facebook Comments Box
* Improve Facebook PHP SDK performance through WordPress-managed sessions
* Faster image display for mention tagging autocomplete
* Open Graph posting is now an advanced feature configured through a site’s Social Publisher settings page. Applications without an approved Publish action can post to an author’s Timeline feed with more limited functionality and story promotion.
* Comments Box moved to comments_template, overriding your theme’s default comments template. Existing WordPress comments are displayed above the Comments Box.
* Added ability to disable fetching Facebook comments from Facebook servers for inclusion on the page inside a noscript element for improved SEO. See the `facebook_comments_wrapper` filter for more details.
* Set a custom sort order for Comments Box comments: social, chronological, or reverse chronological.
* Post to Facebook Page using Facebook application access token
* Do not display social publisher meta boxes or publish flow if post type not explicitly public
* Improved local validators for publish flow
* Improve performance of settings migration from old versions of the plugin
* Fix: Properly display Open Graph protocol data on author page
* Post to Timeline now uses an [app access token](https://developers.facebook.com/docs/concepts/login/access-tokens-and-types/#appaccess) to communicate with Facebook servers without needing an active Facebook user session. Improves XML-RPC compatibility and wp-admin performance
* The Facebook PHP SDK is now loaded as needed, not with every admin request
* [Mention tagging](https://developers.facebook.com/docs/technical-guides/opengraph/mention-tagging/) Facebook friends and Facebook pages replaces previous mention meta boxes for friends and pages
* Removed mention display alongside a post. Mentions are constructed in a custom Facebook message
* Associate a WordPress account with a Facebook account from the edit profile page
* Added [Like Box](https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-box-for-pages/) widget for Facebook Page promotion
* New locale selector provides more extensible code
* Social publisher settings page inline help
* Fixed bug publishing to a Facebook Page
* Do not compare strings when needle longer than haystack
* Test if expected widget files and classes exist before registering a widget. Fixes possible cache conflict
* Support social action tracking in Google Analytics. Includes [Google Analyticator](http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-analyticator/) and [Google Analytics for WordPress](http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-analytics-for-wordpress/) support
* Facebook Subscribe Button is now known as Follow Button
* Add gallery images to Open Graph protocol images array if gallery shortcode present
* Update to Facebook PHP SDK 3.2.2
* WordPress 3.5 color picker support in Recommendations Box and Activity Feed plugins
* Fix incorrectly referenced admin menu icon file locations in minified version of icons.css
* Bugfix: use the post global object instead of get_post on a comments filter
* Comments Box – overrides of WordPress comment system applied at the post level, allowing more fine-grained control of comments by post type or mixed in a single loop
* Comments Box – declare post author with `moderate_comments` capability an admin of the individual page, granting comment moderation capabilities on Facebook for the post
* Hide settings error display if function is not yet defined
* [Open Graph protocol](http://ogp.me/) data output in prefixed form (e.g. og:title) instead of full IRI. You may declare your preference to always use a prefix in the future using the `facebook_ogp_prefixed` filter
* Debug page displays your plugin configuration, author accounts associated with a Facebook account, and server information for troubleshooting
* [Shortcode](http://codex.wordpress.org/Shortcode_API) support for Like Button and Send Button output
* Comments Box may be disabled for a specific post when post comments are marked closed in WordPress and no comments are stored on Facebook
* Application id and secret are verified on Facebook servers, generating an app access token for future use
* Fixed an issue with Comments Box color scheme preference never saving a “dark” preference value
* Includes Facebook PHP SDK 3.2.1 and its new SSL certificate chain fallback
* Delete comments enabled option on plugin’s settings comments page save when no comments selected.
* Comment counts powered by Facebook available in all page contexts when comments box social plugin enabled for one or more post types
* Subscribe button settings fix
* Recommendations Bar max age setting fix
* PHP issue affecting 5.2.4 – 5.2.8 installs
* Properly save number of articles setting for recommendations bar
* Add explicit Open Graph protocol URL for front page and home
* Improve PHP 5.2 compatibility
* Fix minimum number of seconds before recommendations bar shown
* properly reference widget ids for stats
* Supports public [custom post types](http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types) and [custom post status](http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_status)
* Settings page broken into multiple settings pages with [WordPress Settings API](http://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_API) support
* Choose to display social plugins and mentions on your homepage, archive pages, or individual post types
* Comments markup appearing in noscript wrappers now include [Schema.org comment markup](http://schema.org/UserComments) by default
* Added threaded comment support for noscript fallback markup
* Updated [Facebook PHP SDK](https://github.com/facebook/facebook-php-sdk/) to version 3.2
* Mention links open in a new browsing context by default
* Post mentions are displayed inside their meta boxes after save
* Strings pass through translation functions, opening up future translation support
* Fixed mixed-content warnings thrown when Facebook images displayed on a page
* Uninstall script removes site and user options when the plugin is uninstalled through the WordPress administrative interface
* [Contextual help menus](http://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Panels#Help) display helpful information alongside settings choices
* High-DPI icon support for administration menu
* Fixed issue where some sites were extremely slow as a result of installing the plugin (due to cURL not being installed).
* Added warning and actively disable portions of the plugin if SSL not installed.
* Fixed bug in social publishing.
* Added logic to disable meta boxes/publishing if social publishing is disabled.
* Fixed forever loading issue on FB settings page if no active user exists.
* Added proper escaping.
* Added global settings to set whether social plugins show on all posts, all pages, both, or neither. Done for like button, subscribe button, send button, comments, and recommendations bar.
* Added per-post/page settings for showing/hiding social plugins.
* Fixed poorly formatted description that was being set when publishing to friends’ and Pages’ feeds.
* Added notification if plugins that are potentially conflicting are installed.
* Added suggestions for what to enter in fields in the new user experience.
* Bug fixes to ensure everything works on mobile (including support for WPTouch).
* Bug fixes to Pages drop down on the Facebook settings page.
* Removed the need to create PHP sessions, relying on user meta/transients now.
* Comment count bug fix.
* Comments width bug fix.
* Like, send, subscribe: fixed incorrect hrefs for homepage buttons.
* Added like/send button to settings page (spread the word!).
* Changed minimum and maximum supported WP versions.
* Security fix in the admin control panel.
* Fixed issue with publishing a post/page if there isn’t a thumbnail defined.
* Changed auto-completes to play nice with UTF-8.
* Moved extended access token function to Facebook_WP class.
* Added debug link on settings page that outputs debug information.
* Lots of i18n fixes.
* Added easier debugging of Facebook API errors.
* Added better logged in state detection in admin UI, depending on if the user has authenticated and given certain permissions.
* Fixed publishing a post if no friends or pages mentioned.
* Theme fixes to prevent like and mentions bar from showing up in the wrong place.
* Fixed configure link on plugins page.
* Fixes for bugs happening on 404 page.
* Bug fix for if a WP admin removes the app via facebook.com.
* Added status messages for what was/wasn’t posted to Facebook as part of a Post/Page being taken live.
* Added functionality to disable publishing to a page if access token fails.
* Clearer error messages for certain scenarios (like inability to post to a friend of page’s Timeline because of privacy settings.
* Fixed conflicts with Power Editor and extraneous text being added to og:description. Thanks to Angelo Mandato ([support mention](http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-facebook-plugin-conflicts-with-powerpress))